Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Birthday Weekend


Dave and I celebrated our birthdays this weekend with 
the girls and Grandma Karen and Grandpa Arne. Thanks 
to the wonderful weather we were able to be outdoors a lot.

On my birthday, I went fabric shopping (like I need more fabric) 
and made a Maisy Mouse doll for Jenna, who adores Maisy, reads 
her Maisy books to herself and, given the chance, will watch, 
her sole Maisy DVD ad nauseam. Note that Maisy has no clothes (yet). 
That pales in importance to an even graver omission: her bupbilla! 
Extremely remiss.

Me and my other shopping buddies.

Because we had two birthdays in the same weekend, 
we decided on two separate feasts to celebrate. We 
went to The Olive Garden for my birthday meal where 
we had marvelous food but not very rich fellowship, 
since we took turns leaving the table to entertain the 
three restless children. We had a small cake which 
Emily and Grandpa Arne decorated so the kids could 
enjoy the traditional birthday atmosphere. 
Dave's birthday meal was home-cooked barbequed ribs with 
all the fixings. We may never eat ribs in a restaurant again. 
His "cake" was a homemade strawberry pie

which we all enjoyed.

And then the presents! So many wonderful ones, but 
no pictures because it was hard to tell where the presents 
were for the flying wrapping paper, thanks to the kids 
who were "helping" with the gift-unwrapping. 
Here's a new cookie jar I got from Karen. 
I get happy just looking at it.
 
In between official celebrating, we managed to 
squeeze in an outdoor tea party

at which Jenna was a most gracious host



and Emily a most genteel guest

and we took evening strolls, during which Jenna, 
bored with sitting, helped push us along

or just walked, giddy with glee, with her big sister Emily, 
who took great pains to ensure she did not stray 
into the middle of the road. 

Thank you all for the presents, cards and birthday greetings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that 'stuffed' picture of Jenna!

(So have you opened THE BOX yet?)

:D

Jacqui Rae said...

you are AMAZING.

and happy belated!!!