The girls are playing royal family today. Not The Royal Family - just princes, princesses and horses.
Kate is in her princess dress, with a pink tiara on her head. She was crowned by Jenna, her prince, who consulted me, the Queen Mother, as follows:
Prince Jenna (PJ): I need a pink tiara for my princess. It's a girl colour. Do you have a boy colour for me?
Queen Mother (QM): Er, we have purple and white. What about white?
PJ: Yes, that's good. (And she puts it on, never mind that princes in general don't wear tiaras - of any colour).
Emily: I have a purple tiara on! I'm a princess too!
Princess Kate (PK): No, you're not! You don't have a pwincess dwess on! You have day clothes!
Then, grandly, the Prince and Princess decide they need to get married. They gallop off on horses, back to the palace.
PK (loudly): Mother! Can I mawwy my Pwince?
QM: Yes, you may.
PK: Hooway! We can get mawwied!
PJ: Mother! Can I marry my Princess?
QM: (wearily) Yes, you may.
PJ: Yay! We'll be married in the morning!
They are now consulting their princess story book for the next royal story to enact.
No comments:
Post a Comment