Fall/Autumn is here. And I am friends with the kitchen again. Today Dave worked from home, and it was raining, so it was the perfect day for soups (and the good bread from the French Bakery down the road). Went a bit crazy and made two soups - cream of chicken and wild rice, and cream of broccoli/cauliflower and cheese. Made enough to freeze for future cold rainy/snowy days. And since the kitchen was a mess already, I thought I'd keep going and do caramel rolls for tea. What is it about cold dreary days that makes a person want to bake and cook (and eat)?
The last quarter of the year brings with it many of the lovely holidays we associate with baking, particularly theme cookies. So over the next few weeks we will take our cookie cutters out, roll out the dough and bake up a storm (Kate permitting).
And some time this winter, I will make mee siam. Yes, I will.
Am tired of it haunting my dreams. Also sugee cake.
The last quarter of the year brings with it many of the lovely holidays we associate with baking, particularly theme cookies. So over the next few weeks we will take our cookie cutters out, roll out the dough and bake up a storm (Kate permitting).
And some time this winter, I will make mee siam. Yes, I will.
Am tired of it haunting my dreams. Also sugee cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment