Been wanting to make these for a very long time, and today, I finally did.
They were easier than I'd heard, and I found how to here. The egg whites have to be aged at least 24 hours, and since I never plan ahead that far in advance for anything, it's taken me this long to finally set aside some time to do it.
Foolishly, it was only when I'd sandwiched the last pair of macarons with ganache (fancy name for 'chocolate chips in cream') that I realized how good they would be with hazelnut. So I dug out my faithful nutella jar, pulled one pair apart and added a dab of that.
Mmmmmmmmmmm.
Next time - cocoa in the meringue mix, and nutella in the middle.
1 comment:
I'm off to Paris in a month and have been dreaming of macaroons from La Duree and Pierre Herme. But I bet they don't make Nutella flavored ones:-( These look delectably lovely.
Post a Comment