I'm playing blogging-catch-up after an insanely packed summer.
In the first week of September, our girls returned to school. Emily started 3rd grade; Jenna, 1st, and Kate, kindergarten. This was Kate's first time going to the elementary school and the first time riding the school bus with her sisters. Everyone was very excited.
Kate is in half-day kindergarten, so when school is over for the day, she leaves her sisters behind at school and rides the school bus home on her own. She has many stories to tell: the names of the kids who played with her at recess, the kind of snack she had, the title of the book that one of the kids has, the fact that nobody had chocolate milk that morning, the competition between her and a boy on the bus (it was "whose backpack's sparkly lights could sparkle the longest and mine won").
And in the afternoon (at "tea time", as we call it), she welcomes her sisters home. All three girls are like homing missiles, the way they explode off their respective buses and towards the house.
And here they are again- different day, same homing instincts. There is nothing quite like a child making for your arms in the wild impersonation of a hurricane. Conveys "I missed you", "I'm glad to be home" and "Is there food? I'm famished!" all in the same collision.
1 comment:
Courtney always comes flying, too. The energy is endless, even after a full day of school. :)
Post a Comment