I received this very fun art-supply carousel for my birthday. It was meant for my sewing stuff -scissors, rulers, fabric markers, drafting pencils etc, but the girls hijacked it and filled it with their own stuff. Emily regularly replenishes the supply of paper in the middle
and every day, whenever there is a lull in the day's manic activity, the girls are sitting at the table, drawing and coloring.
Some of Emily's recent drawings:
Jenna's current inspiration is rainbows:
Kate loves drawing herself. I drew one blue Kate as an example, and then we used foam stickies for bodies/dresses and I drew heads. Some of the limbs I drew, but most of them she did. She drew all the shoes.
The last Kate in yellow was drawn entirely by her (except the head). She insisted that this Kate had a skirt AND shirt. And shoes, of course.
I think I'll let the carousel sit on our kitchen table a while more. It's kept the kids busy while I cook and clean, and it has produced far prettier works of art than I ever have with my sewing stuff.
2 comments:
Wow! I'm impressed with their artwork! And I LOVE the chocolate covered "yous". :)
Your girls are definitely artistic - just like you! Everytime I read your blog I look forward to more fun days ahead as my baby girl grows up!
Post a Comment