Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Slightly More Serious Verse

Last one!

I don't remember whom I wrote this for - could very well be for myself. I also don't remember why (i.e. during which exact "difficult period in my life") I wrote it.



Jesus poem
Jan 1 2004

In all the toil that lies ahead

May Jesus be your rest

And for your striving, peace instead

Your weariness arrest.



In all the friendships you hold dear

May Jesus be your love

His mercy and His presence near

His company your trove.



In all decisions you would make

May Jesus be your guide

And all your anxious thoughts forsake

His counsel to confide.



In all your service - noble, weak -

May Jesus be your joy

In His anointing, humble, meek

True calling His employ.



In all you treasure, known and hid

And long for, great and small

Know in your haste, its coming bid,

That Jesus is your all. 



1 comment:

Laura said...

Is it silly that I really like this one?