It is safe to say that summer has descended upon us. Without warning, I should add. Suddenly, it was 90 degrees and the AC was on, full-blast, and our appetites were gone and all we wanted to do was sit in the shade and wear swimsuits and eat lemon sorbet.
It was therefore also time for water balloons and backyard games.
This was a busy weekend - Ovo on Friday, visiting a garden center, planting a new bush and spending the evening at the neighbourhood block party on Saturday, and then a nature hike on Sunday. All in the blazing sun. We refuse to complain (except about the rabbits that ate our sunflower seedlings), but we are wilting slightly and nursing humidity headaches. Also, because I am a coward, I have temporarily halted my running, until the weather cools a little. It feels too much like Singapore now.
1 comment:
Such pretty balloons, all sorted so nicely. :)
It hit 100 degrees here this afternoon. Ack!! I'll be glad when it gets back down into the 60's for a high on Thursday... much more my style.
Haven't forgotten you... was way busy outdoors last week when the weather was finally cooperating... now still trying to catch up indoors... and am in the midst of another "Jess fabric" project which is turning out to be more complicated than the pattern envelope looked! :) But it'll be good!
Post a Comment