Wednesday, December 21, 2011

10 Things I Will Never Tire Of


  1. The smell of a 3-year old's head
  2. The roundness of a 3-year-old's head
  3. Small people jumping gleefully, in completely vertical projectiles
  4. Young voices singing about Jesus (and mispronouncing the important words)
  5. The look in a child's eyes -and the grin they're trying unsuccessfully to hide - when they accomplish something
  6. The question, "What are we making today?"
  7. Sleepy, disoriented children wandering out into the living room, rubbing their eyes, needing only to be ushered back to their bedrooms with a kiss
  8. Listening to a child read aloud
  9. Tiny toes and pudgy feet, running fast
  10. Clicking in my seat belt buckle, looking around at three little faces (and sometimes their accompanying soft toy friends, masses of coloring sheets and vast numbers of markers) and asking, "ready to roll?"
What an ride motherhood is. And how lucky I am, and how deeply blessed, to navigate it with these three, and their matchless dad.

Happy almost-Christmas, everyone!
(Ours looks set to be a brown one this year, drat it.)



1 comment:

Amy H said...

How wonderful to finally see a family photo! I love it!

I'd say you have a wonderful life.