Thursday, December 18, 2008

Catching up with the kids


I regret (slightly) that I haven't been in the kitchen as much 
as I'd have liked this Christmas season. Potentially, there are 
so many fabulous things to do with the kids there - baking, 
especially. But we've been busy doing other things and 
some days it feels like we're just trying to make it to 
bedtime in one piece (or, as our neighbor says, 
"without losing any of the children"). 

We're one week from Christmas today, and most of the 
major errands (like Christmas shopping, grocery stock-up 
and meal planning) are done, so the kids and I did some 
catching-up. This means actually and deliberately planning 
fun things with them, rather than letting them aimlessly drift 
from one pointless activity to another as they get caught 
in a descending spiral of boredom and 
I run after them trying to clean up.

For lunch, we did a muffin tin lunch. Or, more specifically, 
a Christmas-shaped silicone muffin-pan meal

After lunch we sat and read a couple of 
Christmas books before naptime. 

For tea, we made graham cracker (not going to attempt 
gingerbread this year) and cream cheese frosting houses

which, when combined with the 
miscellaneous candy in our house

and little fingers


made for a rather interesting afternoon 
and a tasty dessert after supper!



3 comments:

lovexiaolongbao said...

hi Lorraine, stella from cmc here! i know it's late but congrats on the beautiful girls! u look like u're really enjoying life. very happy for you. =)

Joy said...

great idea on the ready-made construction pieces!

Alexkay26 said...

Hi Auntie B! the treats look delicious! I wish I could have some. Haha. Can't w8 till the nxt time ya'll will be coming again! =)