I'm playing catch-up with posting about our adventures back in the summer when Mum and Dad were here. Half of those adventures were documented as they happened in July and August. Then they went home and we got busy playing catch-up with school prep and birthday party prep and who knows what else. We now return, after that extended hiatus, to the other half of the DesiMae Chronicles. Without more ado, let's get on with the next chapter!
We discovered, after living here in our neighborhood for almost six years, a lovely new park just minutes away from our house. I'd driven past the entrance countless times, but never considered stopping to actually visit.
One day this summer, we actually did.
This is the Caponi Art Park, built by Anthony Caponi. Read about him and this park here.
Half of it is the gorgeous sculpture garden - lush natural settings with surprise gems of sculptures and other art -some built into the landscape
and others, dramatic free-standing masterpieces.
This is also his home
and backyard
and workshop.
Besides all this, it is also a beautiful park to explore
We began calling it the Tony Caponi park, and Kate nicknamed it "Pony Ta-pony Park. So Pony Tapony it is. Tune in to a later post in which we visit the park for an evening outdoor jazz concert!
1 comment:
Wow, what a beautiful place! I'm amazed that he lives in such a public place. I wonder how the stone work survives the cold winter? I would think it would crack as the water in the ground freezes. What a treasure!
Post a Comment