Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Play Food

This afternoon we made these crazy cookies.
Yes, they are quite edible.


We found the recipe here.
Here is the dough tinted in five colors.

The dough is rolled into little balls ready for mixing. 
Emily tasted one of each color, 
declaring the pink ones strawberry flavored, 
the blue blueberry and so on. Purely her imagination, 
of course, as they are all identical except for their color.

Emily made a lollipop

Jenna did not

Work in progress

Ready for baking- playdough couldn't have been more lurid.

Fresh out of the oven

Some of the cookies ended up as lollipops but 
most of them remained as psychedelic pin
wheels.  
Loads of fun to make, if a bit time-consuming. 
Of course the danger now is that Jenna might 
eat her real playdough when she next plays with it, 
not that I'd blame her. 


1 comment:

Ms Muffin said...

This looks like fun! I really have to try this! I was looking around for a few recipes of "rainbow cake" ... but I have never seen such colourful cookies!