Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer Dresses


Finished two summer dresses for Emily and Jenna today.
Emily has recently entered an "I like dresses more than pants"
phase, but I am disinclined to sew dresses for her
unless they can be completed within a day or two (or four).
I decided to make one for Jenna also because
she loves being "twins" with Emily whenever
they wear matching outfits. Also, younger sisters inherit
an abundance of hand-me-downs from elder sisters
so I try to give Jenna new clothes whenever I can.

Do not be fooled by how fancy these dresses appear,
and, therefore, how complicated the sewing process
must have been. Remember: I am, at best, very busy
and at worst, very lazy. The fabric came already
shirred - all I did was sew up the sides, add straps,
embellish with ric-rac and they were done.
The hardest part was getting the girls to stand still
long enough to measure them!



3 comments:

Van said...

I love the summer dresses. They are so pretty. No matter what you say about the process, you still never cease to amaze me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Great job..! I really like cute dress.