This is my mother-in-law Karen's recipe for a dessert
that is oddly difficult to get right. After several attempts in the past
to bake it, I gave up until we got our new oven last winter.
Today I felt ambitious and optimistic, so I gave it another shot.
Not bad, not bad. Not quite like Karen makes it, but better
than what we'd had in the past from our old oven(s).
1 Preheat oven to 350F.
2 Mix at medium speed 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter and half a cup of powdered sugar.
3 Mix in at low speed, 2 cups of flour.
4 Press into the bottom of an ungreased 13"x9" baking dish (I used pyrex but metal is fine too)
5 Bake about 20-25 mins or till golden brown.
Middle layer (curd):
1 While crust is baking, mix at medium speed 2 eggs and 1 cup granulated sugar till fluffy.
2 Add in a third cup of flour and half a tsp baking powder.
3 Quickly mix in an eighth of a cup of lemon juice.
4 Pour over warm crust and bake for another 25 mins or till golden.
5 Cool completely.
Top layer (glaze):
1 Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with enough lemon juice (3 tbsp, approx) to obtain a spreadable consistency.
2 Spread on the cooled curd layer.
No comments:
Post a Comment